Page is a work in progress…
NOTE: Without exception Amish and Mennonite businesses are not open on Sundays.
- JR’s General Store. 4918 SR 41 S, Bainbridge, OH. If the term general store describes anything it describes JR’s. There just isn’t much you can’t find in this major area attraction. They are famous for their selection of bulk foods, spices, deli meats, cheeses and homemade fudge. You’ll also find a wide variety of gifts, cooking utensils, and indoor and outdoor furniture. I never visit JR’s without bring home some farmer’s cheese and a package of natural casing hot dogs. JR’s is also a vendor for locally roasted coffees from Two Roasting Joes coffee, now available in Joe Cups for your Keurig machine.
- Martin’s Home and Hearth Stove Shop. 382 SR 41, Hillsboro, OH. Dealer in quality wood, coal, and gas stoves and all things related to stoves.
- Country Crust Bakery. 4715 SR 41 S, Bainbridge, OH. CCB features a huge selection of fresh-baked breads, cookies, pastries, pies, cakes, pretzels, and much more. In my opinion they make the best apple fritter on earth. Their Reuben sandwich on a soft pretzel is also something to rave about.
- Stauffer’s Country Store. 3030 SR 41 S, Bainbridge, OH. Stauffer’s is mostly a surplus food store that also sells basic sewing supplies that are used by the local Mennonite community to make clothing. They also have a limited choice of ready-made clothing items. It is a new building that is very clean and well lighted. Plenty of parking and close to other Mennonite attractions in the area.
- Bainbridge Produce Auction, 4053 SR 41 S, Bainbridge, OH. Mennonite owned and operated, BPA is a year round sales center for all things grown locally. During the growing season the are opened on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and at the peak of the season over 90% of what is auctioned off is grown within a few miles of the auction house. The bulk of the produce is sold in large logs to commercial buyers but they also offer small lot sales for home preservation. During the winter months the sale days are reduced and the offerings turn to hay, straw, feed grains, and small farm animals. While I’ve never bought anything other than a soda and a hot dog I love to visit several times a season. You can turn your head in just the right direction and the sights, smells, and sounds will take you 150 years back in time. For more information click HERE.
- Hillside Gazebos, 14815 Brier Rd., Bainbridge, OH.
- Highland Woodcraft, 6862 McNary Rd., Bainbridge, OH. Maker of outdoor furniture, arbors, planters, picnic tables, etc.
- Martin’s Woodcraft, 6810 McNary Rd., Bainbridge, OH. Source of wooden benches, swings, tables, chairs, etc.
- Hillside Cabinet Shop, 6559 McNary Rd., Bainbridge, OH. Makers of custom cabinets.
- Mountain View Sewing Machine Shop, 12303 Ladd Rd., Hillsboro, OH. Sales and service. Look for the red sewing machine sitting on top a pole.