There are many recreational parks and lakes in our area. Each offers a wide variety of activities including camping, fishing, hiking, biking and horse trails, and seasonal hunting.
- Pike Lake State Park is nestled in the hills and forest south of Bainbridge, OH. It is one of the smallest, most beautiful. and oldest parks in the area. Pike Lake offers a secluded camping area and rustic rental cabins hidden in eighty year old stands of pine.
- Rocky Fork State Park & Lake is a premiere recreational facility in Highland County, OH. Camping, boating, fishing, and swimming are the mainstays of RFL.
- Paint Creek State Park & Lake is a gem of outdoor recreation. Equine and mountain bike trails, hiking, swimming, boating and excellent fishing. For the hunter Paint Creek has hundreds of acres of public lands that are open during hunting seasons.
- Tri-County Triangle Trail is a bicycle/hiking trail that runs through parts of Highland, Ross and Fayette counties. Much of the trail utilizes abandoned railway right of way.
- Greenfield’s Paint Creek Bicycle Trail begins at the east end of South Street beside Paint Creek. It parallels the creek for approximately four miles of gentle and scenic bicycling on paved surfaces.
- The Arc of Appalachia Preserve includes one of the most treasured geological formations in Ohio, the gorge of Rocky Fork Creek. It is a public nature preserve but restrictions and visitor fees are involved.
- Seip Mound State Memorial, just outside Bainbridge, OH, is one of the second largest earthworks built by the ancient Hopewell culture.
- Fort Hill Hopewell Earthworks are located south of Bainbridge, OH near the intersection of SR 41 and SR 753.
- Lake White State Park is located near Waverly, OH in Pike County.